DIY Repair Kit: Shelf for Whirlpool ED2GVEXVD01
This is a repair kit to fix broken plastic shelves for a Whirlpool ED2GVEXVD01 refrigerator. It uses the glass from the original shelf, so you must have the intact glass piece. It replaces the plastic frame that's prone to cracking with a glass frame.
Available as two options:
- Physical kit of parts for one shelf (glass not included): two side rails, two front rails, two leveling pucks, and two side plastic bumpers. It also includes four screws, four nuts, and eight plastic washers.
- A digital download, including: .dxf cut files for the side rails, front rails, leveling pucks, and side bumpers. Bill of materials for what parts are required, recommended material, and associated hardware.
The digital download is provided as a cost reducing option for the DIYer who is familiar with working with laser cutting services.
This kit fits a glass shelf and refrigerator with the following dimensions:
- Glass: 14.645"L x 15.75" W x 0.125" Thick
- Shelf Overall: 17.5" wide, 18" deep, .025" thick at rails, with a .25" drop at the back side of the rail.
How this works:
- Watch the youtube video for how to use this kit: https://youtu.be/fZyMY8dU9rE
- Buy or download (via email) this repair kit
- *Using the digital files from this repair kit, order the repair parts from an online laser cutter (EG: Send cut send)
- *Buy the appropriate hardware from a hardware store
- *Once parts are received, sand off the sharp edges and paint if desired
- Now you have a new shelf!
*Steps 3,4, and 5 are completed by us if you purchase the physical kit..
Send us an email if you have any questions of how our DIY kits work!