DIY Repair Kit: Shelf for Whirlpool ED2GVEXVD01
This is a DIGITAL DOWNLOAD for a repair kit to fix broken plastic shelves for a Whirlpool ED2GVEXVD01 refrigerator. It uses the glass from the original shelf, so you must have the intact glass piece. Upon purchase of this product you will be emailed the digital files.
Background: The Whirlpool ED2GVEXVD01 shelves are notorious for cracking and falling apart overtime. This kit replaces the plastic shelves with an affordable, metal replacement that will not crack over time and in many ways is better than the original shelves.
How this works:
- Optional: Watch the youtube video for how to use this kit
- Buy and download (via email) this repair kit
- Using the digital files from this repair kit, order the repair parts from an online laser cutter (EG: Send cut send)
- Buy the appropriate hardware from a hardware store
- Once parts are received, sand off the sharp edges and paint if desired
- Now you have a new shelf!
What's included in the download:
- pdf instructions for doing the repair
- 1x digital cut file for the side rails (Suggested Material: Metal)
- 1x digital cut file for the front/rear crossbars (Suggested Material: Metal)
- 1x digital cut file for the side bumpers (Suggested Material: Plastic)
- 1x digital cut file for the leveling pucks(Suggested Material: Plastic)
What's not included that you will need:
- a shop to cut out the parts (suggestions included in the instructions)
- sanding supplies to break any sharp edges
- nuts, bolts, and washers to assemble the shelf
- double-sided tape to hold the glass in place down
- tools to assemble
Send us an email if you have any questions of how our DIY kits work!